Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Dog Tags for My Hero

Good morning and happy Tuesday!  I've been busy having fun with the new release from Frantic Stamper.  I have to admit that I usually have a hard time with dad cards and male cards in general but this release made it really fun and easy.  Just check out this card I made for my dad who was a CMSgt in the Air Force before retiring after 24 years of service:


 I couldn't wait to use these Dog Tag Dies (FRA-DIE-10429) on a card for my dad so I cut them in a light gray and then a darker gray to get a contrasting edge.  I layered them on this fun star patterned paper and popped one up with foam tape for dimension.  I layered that on a bright blue card base and then got to work on my sentiment.  I cut the "DAD" using the awesome new Brooklyn Alphabet (FRA-DIE-10415) in red and then popped that up on top of the dog tags with foam tape.  Next, I added the "My hero" from the Dog Tag Dies cut in blue at the bottom of my "DAD" but then decided it needed a little something extra.  I wanted to do lines of some sort on either side of the "My hero" but couldn't decide exactly what to do then I looked at the "!" in the Brooklyn Numbers (FRA-DIE-10416) and decided that would make a fun line shape with a little extra character.  Perfect!  Here's a closer look:


Thanks so much for checking out my card today and I hope your week is going great!  See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!