Thursday, November 30, 2017

CTS #249

Good morning!  It's an early morning in our house because my oldest had a field trip and had to get to school before the sun came up.  He was so excited and I sure hope he has a blast today.  We've been swamped with holiday prep but having my own little chauffeur has been really fun and I know he's enjoying driving here and there.  I'm still a little in shock at having a kid old enough to have a license but I'm slowly getting used to it.  I'm also proud to say that I've only flinched twice while teaching him to drive and both times were because he has a different feeling for when he needs to brake than I do.  I'm pretty proud of him and told him that I flinch more when his dad is driving so he must be doing a good job.  Ha ha ha! 

Well, it's another Retro CTS challenge this week at CAS(E) this Sketch and I have to say...I love my card.  Don't you love when you can say that?  Here's my take:


I started with some water color paper and an amazing set of stamps from Essentials by Ellen called Mistletoe & Holly.  I masked and stamped my images along the bottom of my card with a waterproof black ink.  Then I used Zig Clean Color Real Brushes to color my poinsettias in two of my favorite colors of poinsettia.  I just love how they turned out!  After everything dried, I embossed the "be merry" sentiment in gold and trimmed my water color paper to have a border on my black card base.  Super simple but it turned out SO elegant that I want to go play with this gorgeous stamp set some more.  Here's a close up:


Quite a different card than what I made for the original sketch.  What do you think?


I hope you'll join us for this fun challenge!  Check out what the rest of the team created, including our awesome guest designer.  See you over CAS(E) this Sketch!

4 comments:

  1. Different, yes, but just as beautiful! It was fun doing a Christmas version, right? [and I still find it hard to believe I don't have this set! Maybe I need to look again! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Chrissy! I love your fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! Love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!! Love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!