Thursday, July 13, 2017

CTS #230

It's another fun sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch this week and it was the perfect excuse for me to use some of my favorite products!  I hope you'll enjoy my card this week.  We are gearing up for a fun weekend of Drum Corp International shows and some water park fun.  Being former members of the USAFA Drum & Bugle Corps, Brent and I can't resist a good field show and we can't wait to take the boys to see the Colts perform tomorrow evening.  I can already feel the drums!

Our sketch this week is super fun and I broke out the Lil' Inker Designs Color Blocking Die for my take.


I picked out some fun patterned papers and cut them with the Color Blocking Die and used them to make three fun card bases with cool color blocked designs.  I swear I love this die for that!  I picked my favorite combo and then added a strip of red card stock cut using Stitched Mats: Long & Skinny Rectangle.  Next, I layered a cool flower from the same paper collection before layering on my sentiment, Happy Birthday Border Die.  Here's a closer look:


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you'll join us this week at CAS(E) this Sketch.

4 comments:

  1. My goodness , Chrissy..... I love the design you created from the sketch and the plaid/ checks top it off perfectly! Just Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creative take on the sketch, Chrissy! I love the great combination of patterned papers, and the hot-red strip! Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a neat take on this sketch. I like the a symmetrical aspect and boldness. Really great card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!